1957 Chevrolet Two-Ten Wagon
Engine: 283 CID, 2 barrel
Features: This is an original Two-Ten wagon in Chevy’s iconic two-tone colors, Tropical Turquoise with India Ivory inserts. Its factory options include a push-button AM radio; electric clock; electric wipers, with windshield washers; tissue dispenser; backup lights; front seat belts; and backseat ashtray. It has been undercoated, which is believed to have been done by the dealer at delivery. The current owner has added the following period-correct equipment: spinner hubcaps, gold trim accents, door handle fingernail guards, a roof luggage rack, and bias belt whitewall tires. Originally sold in Florida, it is a rare heater delete car.
History: The history of this car, compiled through vehicle registration records and information from the second owner, is summarized below. Copies of available documents will be provided to the new owner.
- 1957 Model Year – Purchased new by Felix Gelhausen, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- 1961 (May) – Title transferred to Anna Gelhausen (Wife), Fort Lauderdale, FL
- 1961 (July) – New Title issued to Anna Gelhausen, Point Pleasant, NJ (Owner moved to NJ)
- 1961 to 1996 – Driven sparingly by Anna Gelhausen.
- 1996 to 1998 – stored in the garage.
- 1998 – Purchased from the estate of Anna Gelhanusen by Robert and Sue Hager, Wall, NJ.
- 1998 to 2012 – stored in garage, not licensed for street use.
- 2012 – Purchased by Andy Barcellona, Brick, NJ, the current owner who was the second person to license the car for street use.
- 2012 to 2021 – the car has been garage stored during restoration work and trailered to AACA judging events.
If you’ve ever wanted a brand new ’57 Chevy wagon, this is about as close as you can get. As evidence of its condition and attention to originality, it has gone through the full AACA judging process, winning First, Senior, Grand National First, and Grand National Senior awards. In addition, the car was chosen in 2019 by AACA for the Senior Chevrolet Award, an award given to the top Senior Chevrolet for the year. To achieve this high level of refinement, the current owner has meticulously prepared the car for each judging event. Every part of the interior, engine compartment, exterior, and the underside has been thoroughly restored to its original condition.
Awards & Publications: Photos of the AACA trophies won by this car are shown in the below slideshow. Selection of this Two-Ten Chevy Wagon as “Senior Chevrolet” for the year was announced in the AACA publication, Antique Automobile. A copy of this magazine will be included with the sale.
It goes without saying that everything on this car is in working order, and the car has been maintained in show-quality condition. It is safe to say there is no better original model of its type in the country. If you can find any deviations from originality, the AACA judging staff may have a job for you.
Sale Price: $55,000
For more information: Call Andy at (732) 458-4661 or email him at email@example.com.
Vehicle is located in Brick, NJ.